Today’s highlighted offer comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where for a limited time you can Pay What You Want for the Complete Linux eBook Bundle (Mini).
Pay What You Want for the unlocked eBook:
Mastering Embedded Linux Programming, Second Edition
Master the Techniques Needed to Build Great, Efficient Embedded Devices On Linux
Embedded Linux runs many of the devices we use every day, from smart TVs to WiFi routers, test equipment to industrial controllers – all of them have Linux at their heart. Linux is a core technology in the implementation of the inter-connected world of the Internet of Things. The comprehensive guide shows you the technologies and techniques required to build Linux into embedded systems. You will begin by learning about the fundamental elements that underpin all embedded Linux projects: the toolchain, the bootloader, the kernel, and the root filesystem. You’ll see how to create each of these elements from scratch, and how to automate the process using Buildroot and the Yocto Project.
- Access 478 pages & 14 hours of content 24/7
- Evaluate the Board Support Packages offered by most manufacturers of a system on chip or embedded modules
- Use Buildroot & the Yocto Project to create embedded Linux systems quickly and efficiently
- Update IoT devices in the field without compromising security
- Reduce the power budget of devices to make batteries last longer
- Interact w/ the hardware without having to write kernel device drivers
- Debug devices remotely using GDB
- Find out how to configure Linux as a real-time operating system
Here’s the deal:
- The bundle represents an overall retail value of $40.
- To unlock the bundle is just $1 at the time of writing.
More Neowin Deals.
We post these because we earn commission on each sale so as not to rely solely on advertising, which many of our readers block. It all helps toward paying staff reporters, servers and hosting costs.
Other ways to support Neowin
The above deal not doing it for you, but still want to help? Check out the links below.
Disclosure: An account at Neowin Deals is required to participate in any deals powered by our affiliate, StackCommerce. For a full description of StackCommerce’s privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site.